Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Baby Stuff

Ben and I decided to hit Babies R Us just to get an idea of what stuff costs these days. We started with the car seat. Not too complicated. They pretty much all look the same. So why do they range in price from $99-$250? Next, we tried to decipher the stroller. There's the lighweight, the heavyweight, the jogger, and the travel system. What on earth? There was another couple there doing their registry and they were "further along" than we are, so we just picked the same stroller they did. Once they left the area, we tried to manipulate all the parts and gadgets- only took us about 15 minutes (yes, we have degrees...one of us has 3!). On to the crib. Seems the "new thing" is the convertible crib-goes from crib to full-size bed. Not sure if I believe the hype. Oh, we also checked out bouncey seats. Ben likes the fully motorized one that does circles, makes womb sounds, and you can hook a mp3 player up to it (no lie). I think the plastic one with a spring will do just fine. Finally, we strolled through the bedding and clothing. Here's where our decision NOT to know the sex of the baby will be tested to the limits! Choosing baby-neutral stuff isn't near as fun as the choosing the jungle animals or lady bugs!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, kids...don't worry about all that stuff--Larry and I will pick up some wood and pvc and build y'all a carriage and car seat. I know, don't thank me--Great ideas only come from me every thirty years. Jim

Unknown said...

Gee, I have trouble seeing. I can't tell how many Pacmen are in there. Proud, Proud, Proud of you two, oh yea, I forget-Baker and Ruby are going to be great Baby watchers!! love, Jim