Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Signing to Another Mommy

Ben and I took Q to Chick-Fil-A for dinner last night. It was Princesses and Pirates Night with special appearances by Cow (dressed as a pirate) and Tinkerbell. Let's just say there were A LOT of princesses and pirates! I mean LOTS. While Tinkerbell was stationed in the corner autographing photos of herself (you read correctly), Cow was making rounds. Quinn LOVES Cow- as long as he stays six or more feet away. Q will wave to Cow until his hand falls off. But if Cow comes to close to us, Quinn latches on to me or Ben. But this isn't the point of my story.

Sitting beside us was a mom and her little boy. Quinn made friends with them quickly- as if there was any doubt that would happen. I ran up to the counter to get some napkins and such and when I returned, the mom was laughing and came over to our table to talk to us. Apparently, they were eating desert (ice cream cones). Quinn turned around in his high chair to face them and started signing "more eat." Repeatedly. Q was using his Mitchell charm to get some ice cream. This mom had taught her children to sign just as Ben and I taught Quinn. She said he kept signing and looking at her as if he were saying, "You're a mommy. You look like somebody that knows what I'm saying! I want ice cream."

No comments: