Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Book Fair!

Remember the book fair? I was always so excited to get my order form! Sometimes, we even had an entire classroom converted into a "bookstore" that sold the coolest books, bookmarks, and posters- can't forget the posters! I would have at least 10 items picked out before I got home.

Fast forward 30 something years and it's book fair time again! Quinn brought home his first order form on Friday. I called Ben at work to tell him and he almost jumped through the phone with excitement. Ya'll know Ben--a bibliophile to the core! I wonder how much money Jim and Anne spent at book fairs.

So on Friday night, Ben and I sat at our bar (wow, totally different meaning compared to two years ago!) and went through the order form. The total after our first sweep: $70! SEVENTY DOLLARS. FOR BOOKS. FOR A ONE-YEAR-OLD! Second sweep: $13. But that is for only two books. Granted, they are board books. And board books are more expensive than paper books. Q isn't ready for paper books yet. The excitement of reading makes him want to rip the pages.

3 comments:

Allyson said...

I wish Abby would bring home a book fair flyer! I'm on board with you...I always loved the book fair!

Cindy said...

I am LOVING this week at school! It's book fair week at Coop's school too! The library has been converted into a kid friendly book store and Cooper and I have already made out a wish list that will surely break the bank! I told Jay to just hand over the check book. I swear that Q must be Coop's clone when it comes to reading. I see all the photos and videos of him, so excited to read and be read too. Coop was the same way. Awesome, isn't it?!

Miss Niki said...

It is so exciting, isn't it? Just wait until Quinn can point out what he WANTS to add to the total of what you think would be good for him. YOu'll be back to $70 in no time! On the bright side, the preschool will LOVE you!