Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Growing Up

Last Friday my heart was happy and broken at the same time. You see, my baby boy went happily to school without crying for the first time. Per our usual routine, I carry Quinn into the building and half way down the hall. Then I put him down and coax him to walk into the classroom on his own; which can take several minutes. But on this day, I was in a hurry. So I held Q until we got to the classroom door. Mrs. Donna met us with a big smile and morning greeting. (side note: parents are not allowed in the classrooms for safety and security reasons. The door entry is gated and the parent has to hand over the kid and his stuff. Parents aren't forbidden in the room; but it's discouraged). And before I knew it, Quinn had jumped from my arms into Mrs. Donna's arms! He then did the "put me down" wiggle (so she did) and ran over to the train table to play with another little boy. Meanwhile, I was saying my goodbye spiel: "I love you! You're going to have a great day! I'll be back in a few hours to pick you up! Have fun!" No use. It fell on deaf ears. Quinn never even looked back at me! Not to cry. Not to say goodbye. Nothing. He had more important things to do...like make some trains crash.

No comments: