Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 17, 2009

Conversation at Gymboree

Random Mom: Why doesn't your baby walk or talk to you?
Me: Because he's 11 months old.
Random Mom: Oh, I thought he was 2 or 3.
Me: Nope. He'll be 1 in a couple of weeks.
Random Mom: Well, how much does he weigh (eyes wide)?
Me: Probably right at or under 25 pounds.
Random Mom: **silence**

I took Quinn to "open gym" today. It's basically free-time play for all ages. He was the only "baby" this time, so I guess he really stood out (no pun intended) when he wasn't standing up and walking. Good thing I don't take conversations like this personally. I guess that mom doesn't practice the mantra "Every baby is different."

4 comments:

Miss Niki said...

Q might be just under 25 lbs, but he simply does not look 2 or 3! Bless her heart, that Clueless Random Mom!

Amanda said...

I know! He's still PURE baby!

Keri Mason said...

I have been learning not to take those conversations personally...try having an Asian baby, being white, and about to embark on an African adoption! God has a sense of humor :0)

Cindy said...

I told this story to Miss Diann and she just about fell out! She was so hoping that you blessed out that other mom for being snide with you and making any comments about your baby other than that he was precious and perfect and an angel straight from heaven!