Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Can Abby Come Play?

Abby, our neighbor, came over to play today. She wanted to check out the ball pit. And let's just say she LOVED it! Q is seven weeks older than Abby and they are like night and day. While Quinn is "husky," Abbs is dainty. He's a rough and tumble full-speed-ahead bulldozer and she's a gentle and cautious delicate flower. Then again, she could be hell on wheels at home and just felt out of her element at our house. :) What the two of them do have in common: looking just like their daddies!

They are still at a stage where they really just play around each other and not with each other. Every now and then, they will baby babble back and forth. It's really cute. Here's a conversation as I imagine it:

Quinn: My mom can't even buy me clothes that fit! She just got me this shirt and it's already too small. My belly hangs out! So embarrassing!

Abby: My mom always makes me wear pink! My favorite color is really green! Why don't you have any hair?



I can't remember how the age thing works with starting school in Texas. But I really hope they are in the same grade. It sounds crazy, but I can already see them meeting on the sidewalk to walk to school together. I am literally holding back the tears!

Here they are sharing a "little people."

2 comments:

Allyson said...

You are so funny! I love the conversation you think they have - that cracked me up! Thanks for having us over...I think we're going to have to invest in a ball pit - that thing was so fun!

Miss Niki said...

Those are precious memories and your storytelling makes it even more precious!