Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Only three months left!

Wait! We're not ready! At least I'm not! In three short months, I will be responsible for another human being. I will have to keep him fed, warm, breathing, comforted, and ensure he sleeps. While I've done this for Baker and Ruby, I am starting to freak out now that I have to do it for a person! If I get tired of dealing with the dogs or if they misbehave, I just tell them to get in their crates- or put them in the backyard (and while their feelings may be hurt, they settle down and end up enjoying it). I can't do that with a baby! Every minute of my life (until the kid goes to school) will be consumed. Surely, others are as concerned as I am! Right?

Ben and I spent the weekend nesting. We refinished a dresser, took a shot at installing the car seat, and worked on the nursery. Our least successful chore was the car seat. As with the crib, I spent most of the time laughing while Ben spent most of the time cussing. Turns out we may have to exchange car seats for a smaller one. That, or we just can't have a front seat passenger. Maybe we just installed it incorrectly. You'd think with the 10 degrees between us (um...I only have 1), we could figure it out. Not so much. Maybe the folks at the Humble Volunteer Fire Department can lend us a hand!






P.S.
A comment about my hair...thankfully, the above picture is small enough that you really can't tell. BUT...the Texas humidity plays a cruel joke on my hair. If I don't slather product into it and blow dry it right out of the shower, I get a Diana Ross effect. It's scary.

No comments: