Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What a day!

So...I tripped over the broom Monday and crashed onto the granite floor. Hard! Banged up my knee and had some cramping. I called the doctor and was put on bed rest. At 4 am, the cramping was getting worse. Then, the doctor wanted to see me. We listened to the baby's heartbeat (144 beats/minute) and did a couple other tests to make sure everything was okay. However, my abdomen and uterus were too tender for Dr. Anding's comfort and he admitted me to the hospital for heavy-duty tests. Long story short, everything is okay and I'm on bed rest until the end of the week. Here are a couple of photos from the 10,000th ultrasound we had:



Baby Mitchell was dancing and riding a bicycle the entire time. The doctor actually started laughing! I guess Baby was soon bored by it all..hence the huge yawn in the above photo. What a character!

Side story:

A few weeks ago Ben had a dream about the delivery. We had the baby and the nurse wouldn't tell us if it was a boy or a girl. She told Ben, "You didn't want to know, so I'm not going to tell you." But then she gave in and said it was a girl. Well......she was wrong....cause we found out last night that it's a BOY!!! For real this time!!!! See for yourself!!!

With the scare of the fall and a "second chance" ultrasound, I really wanted to found out. It seems to much more real to me now! Ben and Amanda are going to have a son! Lord, please help us!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats to y'all..Having a Boy was a wonderful idea! But what do we do with all the pretty girl dresses from Connie, Livi and Emory. I'll take care of the golf lessons for Him, you can pay for the car! love, GranDad Jim