Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Sad Day

This is the scene outside Quinn's bedroom window as I type. It makes me so sad. We are (or were) one of the few lucky ones in Fall Creek to have green space behind our house. And we considered ourselves extra lucky because the land behind our house was privately owned and housed a beautiful pond, a white horse, and a couple of herons. I chose this room for Quinn so that he could look out and watch the horse. And slowly, things started to change. The horse left. The corral left. They came and bush-hogged some stuff. The pond was drained. And then the bulldozer arrived. I don't even want to know what's going to be built back there. I guess it's time for Ben and I to pour some funds into landscaping the backyard!

No comments: