Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Quinn Goes to Sunday School

Today, Ben and I left Quinn in a "stranger's" hands for the very first time. He went to Sunday School (specifically, the Ladybug Room) all by himself. As we drove up to the church and parked, I lost it. The tears began and almost didn't stop. Ben was so supportive. "We do not have to do this. We can always try again next weekend," he told me. It was not that I was nervous about leaving Quinn; just sad to be separated from him. But I HAD to do it...not just for him, but also for myself. As of late, my only adult contact is through email and Facebook!


Quinn happily went to the nursery teacher and didn't even look back at us. We walked passed the door (back and forth) several times before heading to worship service. He was in play-time bliss! I had nothing to worry about- they gave us a pager and promised to beep us if they could not console Quinn. I chose seats closest to the door just in case I needed to make a speedy exit. I do not know what got into me, but I cried through the first three songs of the service. I even made sure Ben had the pager...several times. An hour later.......the pager never beeped. We headed to the nursery (which is the size of a small elementary school) and I could not wait to get my hands on my sweet baby! He was ALL smiles! The teacher told us how well he did and said, "He sure is a talker!" My heart was so happy!



Ben and I really do have the sweetest, happiest baby ever born! Quinn goes with flow and enjoys meeting new people. I had wondered if he would be one of those painfully shy children or the child that screams when his mom and dad leaves. Nope...not Quinn. Regardless of where we go (grocery store, mall, doctor's office, Ben's office), Quinn is along for the ride. He just wants to look around and take it all in. And if there is a lady in his presence, he just wants to flirt!




5 comments:

Ben said...

Quinn is awesome because his mom is so awesome. Period.

Miss Niki said...

Amanda, you are so brave!
I am smiling for you, and for Ben being so understanding and supportive if you had decided to bail.

Miss Niki said...

P.S. Love the new Blog wallpaper (I guess that's what you would call it)
Very creative and cute.

Unknown said...

Both Mom and Dad are awesome parents. Of course, you have to consider who makes them awesome parents---Quinn!!!!!

Cindy said...

I remember having those same feelings when I first left Coop with anyone. And, our anyone was his grandmother and my dear, sweet, aunt and uncle. Jay forced me to leave the house and go get something to eat with him. Leaving my sweet, precious baby in the arms of someone other than me. I was so overwhelmed that I actually refused to eat out, but agreed only to go with Jay to pick up food to bring back to the house. Of course, when we returned, he was sleeping on the big strong shoulder of my uncle who continued to just hold him and rock him. Was it possible? Had my sweet baby boy really been o.k. being left in the care of another? How was that possible? Well, he was more than o.k. He was fine and dandy! And, my mom, aunt and uncle were thrilled to have him all to themselves. Even if it was only for about 30 minutes! Bless poor Jay for having to deal with all my new mom anxiety. He was, and still is, the absolute best at comforting me in supporting me in my efforts as a mom. You and Ben are wonderful parents. Your love and support of each other is such an awesome example to others. Your devotion to Q is amazing. What lucky parents. What a lucky little boy. :-)