Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 8, 2010

A Kiss Is a Kiss Is a Kiss

As you know, Quinn and Abby have been fast friends since birth- give or take a few months. Us parents have been waiting for the time when they would be able to run and play together, have cute kid conversations, and all that gushy stuff. Well, the time has come. Anytime we go out the front door, Quinn bolts toward Abby's house- straight to the front door and rings the doorbell. Allyson will tell you that Abby does the same thing. They hug hello and hug goodbye. And lo and behold, they kissed this week! Allyson, Ben, and I ventured up to the clubhouse for our neighborhood's National Night Out festivities with Quinn and Abby in tow a la wagon. Thank you, Ben, for pulling that load all night! I didn't witness the kiss (only Ben did) but I heard Quinn jabbering away about, "Kiss Abby?" "Abby like kiss?" "Ooh, kiss Abby." Allyson and I couldn't believe it! We didn't know whether to gush with sappiness or start planting sticker-bushes under all the windows.

It really does warm my heart. Quinn has learned that hugs and kisses are how you show someone you care about them. I'm kind of proud of that lesson.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Sweet boy! Love and miss you Mitchells!

Miss Niki said...

Amanda, I just heart ya'll!!!
XOXOX from the Palmer's.