Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, May 7, 2010

What Will He Be?

Since the day Quinn was born, Ben and I have wondered what Q will be when he grows up. Like every set of parents, we hope for a doctor, lawyer, inventor, another Bill Gates. So far, I think engineer has the most votes. Since Quinn was able to crawl, he has tinkered with all his toys. Instead of playing with them, we would turn them over and mess with the screws on the bottom. And when he got his first riding toy, he ALWAYS flipped it over and "worked on it." I think I've posted about the "car being in the shop."

The occupation du jour is architect. He is into stacking and gathering materials; whether it be blocks, puzzle pieces, or food (see carrots below).
As I watched him build today, I could see his little mind a churin'. His eyes were so intent and I swear I could read his thoughts: "I know this won't hold, but I'm going to try it anyway. And if it doesn't, I will try this or that next."
When we really start thinking and talking about it, we want him to be a Christian, husband, father, humanitarian.

2 comments:

Leyla said...

Amazing! Such a good little builder! Isn't it funny their little personalities and their interests...you do get these little glimpses of them in the future! ha!

Miss Niki said...

I love reading your blog posts, Amanda.