Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Not Again!

Quinn and I made the haul to see Dr. Suell today. Survey says: Double ear infection! Second time in two months. Little man is all out of sorts. I told my friend, Allyson, that I thought the "terrible twos" were starting, but it turns out Quinn's irritability is due to an ear infection...in BOTH ears. Bad mommy!

I voiced my concerns to the doc about Quinn's loss of appetite. Then I asked him at what point do I need to be concerned- since I've already started worrying about malnourishment, bone density loss, teeth falling out, etc. (wink, wink). Dr. Suell giggled (yes, giggled) and said, "He has plenty of reserves. I wouldn't worry about it." Have you seen how scrawny this kid is now? I mean, he only weighs 27 pounds 12 ounces. My sweet roly-poly, squishy baby is now all arms/legs and bird chest.

2 comments:

Leyla said...

I hope he feels better! It's funny...Audrey has always been a GREAT eater and lately she has slowed down a lot. I guess they are just deciding what they like and that if they dont eat, they will get to again in a couple hours anyway. Or in Audrey's case she'll get her favorite CRACKERS as a snack! :)

Allyson said...

Poor Quinn! Hope he feels better soon! Abby has started eating less too...maybe their growth is just slowing down.