Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fourth of July

Quinn spent his first Fourth of July at Abby's house (it really belongs to Matt and Allyson, but Abby rules the roost just like Quinn does here). Matt and Allyson invited a whole group of folks over including our other neighbors the Halls. They have two kids, Abby (6) and Luke (3). That's right, there are two Abbys. Anyhoo, we had a fine Independence Day meal that included deviled eggs (a must), tater salad (a staple), dogs and burgers, and freshly fried fish! Allyson's dad fried some speckled trout in a FRY-DADDY! Actually, I think it was a Fry-Baby. I have been dying for a Fry- Daddy, Mommy, or Baby since Ben and I got married, but he always talks me out of it. And Allyson made a fabulous desert. She "says" it was cheesecake, but it looked similar to and tasted A LOT like pumpkin pie (I love you, Allyson). I think she and I have the same "cooking" background! :)

Below are a few pics from the evening. As you can see, there is not one photo of the kids looking and smiling at the camera at the same time- for no lack of trying, however. At one time, we had six adults waving, snapping, clapping, and calling out, "Quinn, Abby, Abby, Quinn, look, look, look, Quinn, Abby." Big Abby made a photo appearance, but Luke couldn't be wrangled.

We had a great time just hanging out, eating, drinking, and watching Wheel of Fortune. I'm thinking the kiddos will be old enough next year to enjoy some fireworks!










1 comment:

Allyson said...

So glad you guys could make it! We had a great time hanging out...we have to do it more often. Even though Quinn and Abby weren't looking at the camera at the same time, the pics turned out cute! I think they are adorable in their "matching" 4th of July outfits!