Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

All Boy

You know, I really didn't think babies took on stereotypical gender roles. I mean, how would they know what was "boyish" and what was "girly?" I guess I mostly believed that playing with trucks and dolls was an environmentally learned lesson. So far, Quinn has proven me wrong. He is 100% boy. Granted, I have no scientific proof (for my theory, not that he's a boy- he has the parts) or even another child with whom to compare Quinn. The boy has no fear. He loves to climb, tumble, flop, crawl, fall, wrestle, and roll - all at full speed. My favorite discovery is that he loves being under or inside things- like he's waiting for a magic fort to appear. Ben and I bought him a Star Wars tent with an attached tunnel. It's upstairs (no more room in the living room) so we haven't played with it yet. But I'll post pics when we do. Anyway, if Quinn can stand on it or crawl through/over it, he's gonna do it- guaranteed. He doesn't care that his balance isn't great or that he can't "catch himself" if he were to fall. Explore first, cry later. What a great motto to have!



2 comments:

Miss Niki said...

Yep, all boy! They are fearless.

Cindy said...

Total boy! Wait until he's bigger and he starts jumping off the top bunk of his bed because "It's just fun Mom!" Cooper just closes his bedroom door now, so I don't have to see him almost kill himself. I guess it's his 7-year old way of protecting me. He also tells me I must have NEVER been a kid because kids like dangerous stuff, ESPECIALLY boy kids. Nice, huh?