Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

One Year Ago Today...

I can't remember what I was thinking at this EXACT moment last year, but I do remember thinking our lives were going to be VERY different in just a few short months! I remember being scared. I remember thinking that there's no use in continuing my job search. I remember thinking we need a bigger car (and we went out and bought one the next day). I remember being bummed that I couldn't drink on New Year's Eve! I remember Ben and I discussing how we didn't want to know the sex of the baby (ha!). I remember thinking about canceling our trip to the Sundance Festival in Park City; which I'm glad we did not do! I remember being so excited to meet our little bundle of joy and hoping he/she looked just like Ben.

And here we are one year later. No longer Ben and Amanda. But Ben, Amanda, and Quinn. I can't imagine my life without him. I feel like I've known him forever!

Here's the first post I made to It's A Mitchell- at 8:38 pm December 30, 2007.




After asking Ben to pick up Nachos Bell Grande and an Empanada from Taco Bell (when I already had waffles, spaghetti, brownies, an apple, and strawberry-banana-orange drink), I decided it might be a good time to take a home pregnancy test. That and the fact that tomorrow is New Year's Eve and I didn't want to booze it up if I was actually preggers!

Thanks to technology, I got my answer (in plain words) in less than 2 minutes!

PREGNANT!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

It's impossible to even remember life before him isn't it? Sweet baby boy! I'm still in awe everytime I see my own sweet baby boy (who likes to remind me that he's 7 and no longer a baby). I think, "What would my life be without him in it?" Jay and I still say to each other, "I can't imagine what our lives would be like if we didn't have this wild little boy! It'd be so boring!" We only thought we knew what being a happy family was. All it takes is one little boy though to show you what real happiness is!